I2M Associates's Web Portal for Geoscientists
About this Portal 
  Search 
Index / Health & Safety - Mining, Environmental, Cyber

9/12/2014 by mdc
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2291175/British-engineer-24-died-elec...
A young engineer from Cornwall is believed to have died after he was electrocuted in a hotel shower in Africa. It is thought Alex Osborne, 24, from Lanner, was killed while using a workmate shower when his did not work properly at the Stellar Lodge in Takoradi, Ghana on February 25. Huseini Musah Awinaba, Takoradi District Police Crime Officer, told a news website in Ghana that Mr Osborne had suffered a small shock just before his death in his own shower.He then asked his colleague, fellow drilling engineer Andrew Rowe if he could use his. Moments later Mr Rowe heard screams and allegedly saw sparks coming from the hose which was lying across Mr Osborne's body. Another colleague came to help and Mr Osborne was taken into the corridor to be resuscitated but he died. His body was taken to Effia Nkwanta Regional Hospital morgue in Sekondi where an autopsy was to take place. According to the officer, police have launched a full-scale investigation into the case.



Resource thumbnail
Open Resource  |  2014/09/12  |  279 Report Broken   Tell Friend

About this Portal