|3/16/2017 by mdc|
|Since 1956, IAH has provided an international forum on the management of groundwater for the benefit of mankind and the environment. IAH is organized and operated exclusively for scientific and educational purposes as a 501(c)(3) public benefit, nonprofit corporation. As a Chapter of IAH, the USNC also operates within the overall IAH framework and global organizational bylaws.|
The main objectives of the USNC include...
1. Represent U.S. members of IAH in the activities of the parent organization and in other international hydrogeological activities.
2. Encourage international activities which further the science and technology of hydrogeology and water resources.
3. Encourage research, education, communication, and training in groundwater science.
Stimulate the interest of hydrogeologists in the U.S. in international hydrogeological activities and better acquaint hydrogeologists abroad with the concepts and techniques developed and applied in the U.S.
4. Coordinate interest and activities among hydrogeologists in the U.S. with IAH programs and activities.
5. Maintain liaisons with other groups concerned with international water-related activities in general and hydrogeology in particular.
6. Provide a link between the international groundwater community and hydrogeologists in the United States.